Tuesday, September 09, 2008

The Sports Intern Goes Hollywood.

Two years removed.

It has been two years since my last internship - my first internship - at NECN in Boston. I'm more educated. I'm more experienced.

You could even say,
I'm well seasoned.

And yet, I'm sitting in a cubicle... all by myself... surfing the internet and waiting to log a game for CBS2/KCAL9. Never fear! The location has changed, but the sports intern is still here.

At the very least, I'm receiving academic credit this time. Which brings me to this blog. First off, I am impressed this thing still exists. It was a boring afternoon at NECN that spurred me to start preaching my thoughts to a collective audience that truthfully, never existed in the first place. Plus, I remembered my username. And my password. Who'd have thunk it?

Which brings me back to now. As this internship counts for credit, I'm required by Emerson College law to provide a final project which proves to some advisor who could care less about my being that, while here, I may have learned something. A reflective essay, perhaps. Or a portfolio of work. A video project was suggested to me by my intern supervisor.

So now, as I reflect on NECN, and I ponder how to spend my time here today, I think... what better way to bullshit my way through a final project than blogging?

Blogging is the best way to write, if for no other reason, because you don't have to be gramattically correct. Case in point - I had to look up how to spell "gramatticaly." I wasn't right the first time - there's only one 'l,' - but I'm not going to change it. This is a blog. Not a newspaper.

So a blog it is. I only posted 3 times at NECN, and perhaps that is an indication of how good I may or may not have had it. By the time I started posting blogs there, I was almost immediately moving on to bigger and better things to help out around the office. I was editing. I was writing. I was putting content on the air. All of these things are foreign to me at the moment. I am once again sitting at a computer, wasting my time, all so I can say I was an intern. A Sports Intern.

I will try and post as often as possible here. If nothing else, so I can use this as an excuse for a final project. I'm back to watching the Red Sox play for first place in the AL East. (Really, how have the Rays been on top for so long???) More to come soon.

- Sports Intern.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home